We have invested £150 million in our campus, which boasts modern facilities in order to improve students’ learning and social experience.
504 Gateway Time-out
- The best Student Union in London according to the National Student Survey 2018 with a new bar, café, gym, lounge and office facilities
- Our West London Food Lab has helped create 15 processes/products that aren’t currently available on the market.
According to the Complete University Guide 2020 we are 7th in the UK for facility spending
- Our consistently high standard of teaching was recognised with a Silver award in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
- We were ranked top in London for teaching quality and student experience by The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018.
13 courses achieved a 100% overall satisfaction rating in the National Student Survey 2019:
BSc (Hons) Information Technology Management for Business
BNursing (Hons) Nursing - Learning Disabilities Nursing
FdSc Healthcare Practice
- 53% of our students are from the first generation in their family to go to university
- 63% of our students are mature (aged over 21) on entry
- 56% of our students are from black and minority ethnic groups
- 98% of our students are state school educated
These figures are according to the Higher Education Statistics Authority, 2016-17.
The University of West London has been nominated for Outreach Initiative of the Year at the Times Higher Education Awards 2019.
504 Gateway Time-out
The University won the Outstanding Financial Performance Award at the Times Higher Education Awards 2019.
Our leadership team was recognised as an 'Outstanding Leadership and Management Team' at THE Leadership and Management Awards 2017.
- London College of Music has an ongoing partnership with Investec Opera Holland Park.
- The School of Computing and Engineering has one of the first higher education partnerships in the UK with Amazon Web Services.
** These are the latest figures according to Employment Performance Indicators (EPI) released by the Higher Education Statistics Agency HESA in 2018.